Sunday, April 11, 2010

lazy sunday

I've got a freshly mowed lawn. The allergies aren't as bad this year (knock on wood) as they used to be. O and I spent the day alternating between naps, outdoors, and the basement. Right now he's having a snack.

We made some delicious sun tea today, with some mint from the backyard. Also, my grapevines have developed some buds, and some of those buds are breaking open, revealing tiny pinkish green leaves. I'm hoping for some grapes this year. It's only my 2nd year, so we'll see what happens.

Yuki's started on the garden. We've got peas and lettuce, onions and potatoes so far. It's 10x10, and I think we're going to double it in the fall. Exciting!

I'm finished with O's blocks, the main part anyway. Now, we'll coat them with linseed oil and they should be ready to go.

I'm reading a book called 'the edge of physics', which is really good. accessible. You don't have to be a physicist to figure it out.

No comments: